Saturday, November 20, 2010


I have discovered Richard Avedon in 2009 when I went to see an exhibit in San Francisco called Richard Avedon: Photographs 1946-2004.

He is one of the photographers I admire the most and his work inspired me to study photography.

His portraits, which are in part what made him become famous, were very minimalistic and he managed to show the true faces of his subjects, pulling of the masks and showing a deeper aspect of their personalities. 

The fashion photographs he made were very innovative at the time and he worked in an unconventional way. By doing so he changed the fashion world and the way we looked at it.

Because of the photographer Avedon was and the impact he had on photography, I have decided to dedicate this blog to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment